Contact Burrell’s team to schedule a visit to your mine to assess your needs. We will recommend a CAN Clamp to best suit your mines situation and productivity objectives. Once a CAN is in place, the void between the top of the CAN and the roof is filled in with wooden crib blocks, cap pieces and wedges. The cribs or cap pieces may be placed between the roof and the top of a CAN® or between the floor and the bottom of the CAN®. It makes no difference to The CAN® where convergence occurs—either from roof or floor.
- Fibercrib® are manufactured from noncombustible materials and will not burn.
- A Fibercrib® will not dry out and shrink in size. You never have to go back and retighten a Fibercrib® stack.
- Rotting wooden cribs depletes oxygen content in the mine environment.
- A 4-point wooden crib has at best 144 ft² of surface area contact with the roof and rib. A standard 6” Fibercrib stack has 77% more surface area of contact.
- The same 4-point wooden crib is rated at 40-tons of support (after a long drying out period and after much convergence has occurred). 6” Fibercrib are delivered to your mine rated over 4 times stronger and taking less convergence to reach that maximum rated capacity.
- Fibercrib® have a long shelf life and can be stored underground closer to the action for easy accessibility.
- Our 2 sizes of Fibercrib® offer versatile stacking combinations to provide larger areas and more tons of support.
Contact Burrell Mining to get a no-cost, on-site visit to see which size Fibercrib® suits your operation the best.